It is my mission to connect people with Autism with resources that are necessary for personal success within their community. Using a variety of evidence-based practices, I offer direct support in any environment. By providing families, educators, friends, and other community members with individualized services, I empower people with Autism to be more successful in all areas of daily living. I am also able to help build collaborative communities around the person with Autism in order to have a strong and reliable network of support.
People with Autism and their families are presented with an onslaught of information and recommendations when they are first diagnosed. They can spend hours reading through all of the paperwork and meetings with professionals, but at the end of the day, they are still on their own. They have a million and one questions, worries, and challenges. They experience daily successes and struggle to celebrate them. Their therapists go home and they're expected to do all the things they were taught with consistency, enthusiasm, and reliability. I have found that for a person with Autism to be truly successful, they need an entire village to support them. I can help you and your village with life's daily questions, big and small.
Let me help you address some of these everyday questions:
- "How do we approach a family gathering?"
- "What can we do to make birthday parties more fun?"
- "How do we cut his hair? Nails?"
- "How do I prepare for a job interview?"
- "How can we teach her school about her strengths?"
- "When will he make friends?"
- "Who should tell his brother/sister?"
- "Can we go out to eat at a restaurant?"
- "Should we have ABA? OT? Speech? PT? Music Therapy? Horse Therapy?..."
- Anything else that comes up????